Grants of up to $500 per family are available for IEEE ComSoc conference attendees who are IEEE ComSoc members and who are bringing small children to the conference, or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home.
The grants will be given as a reimbursement for expenses, however, attendees are responsible for making their own arrangements for child care. If requests exceed available funding, or if additional funding becomes available, preference will be given to students, recent graduates, or new entrants to the communications field who are presenting at the conference.
- Child care services incurred because of attendance at the conference (provider must submit his/her tax id number)-
- Child care services on location in city of conference. (Childcare provider to manage these services)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver (or family member not attending the meeting acting as a caregiver) to the meeting. This includes airfare/train fare and hotel expenses
- Travel expenses for the child
Not Eligible for Reimbursement
- Meals, toys, electronic equipment, recreational activities, onsite transportation
- On-going home-based childcare expenses
- Conference attendee costs, registration, travel, meals, other expenses.
Note: The conference does not sanction or recommend child care providers and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all child care providers.
- Recipients of a childcare grant must submit receipts for reimbursable expenses (for example, an invoice submitted by the child care provider)
- Reimbursements will be distributed after the conference, after receipt of documentation.