Dr Yuanwei Liu,
Queen Mary University of London, UK
Prof. Zhiguo Ding,
Manchester University, UK
Prof. Lajos Hanzo,
Univ. of Southampton, UK
£50 Tutorial only | Tutorial + Full Conference access from £120
Half-day Tutorial, Monday 31st August 14:00 (BST)
Further pricing details can be found on the registration page.
Mobile data traffic, especially mobile video traffic and small-size IoT packets, has dramatically increased in recent years with the emergence of smartphones, tablets, and various new applications. It is hence crucial to increase network capacity to accommodate these bandwidth consuming applications and services.
Non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA), which has been recently proposed for the 3rd generation partnership projects long-term evolution advanced (3GPP-LTE-A), constitutes a promising technology of enhancing the spectral efficiency and achieving massive connectivity challenges by accommodating several users within the same orthogonal resource block, via multiplexing at different power levels. By doing so, significant spectral efficiency enhancement can be attained over conventional orthogonal multiple access (OMA) techniques.
As 5G networks have been commercialized, it is natural for the researchers to exploit the potential multiple access techniques in 6G networks.
The main aim of this tutorial is to present the basic concepts/theories, address research advances on key technologies, and deliver the state-of-the-art of research, machine learning and signal processing development for massive NOMA in further beyond 5G or 6Gmobile communication systems.
Structure and content
- Background and History for Multiple Access-present the basics, challenges, recent progress, and open issuesfor next generation communication systems:
- Brief History of Wireless Standardization: provide a comprehensive overview of the mobile communicationevolutions with the focus on the state-of-the-art of multiple access techniques;
- Challenges: present new requests, open issues and research challenges for next generation mobile communications;
- Key solutions for multiple access: survey the most important technological solutions for NOMA.
- What will be different for 6G in terms of multiple access
- NOMA Combined with Multiple Antennas Techniques -present the application of multiple antenna techniqueson NOMA
- Cluster-Based MIMO-NOMA
- Beamformer-Based MIMO-NOMA
- NOMA for mmWave Networks
- MIMO-NOMA Plus: Interplay between NOMA and intelligent reflecting surfaces (IRS) Networks
- Physical Modelling of IRS Networks
- Performance Analysis of NOMA-IRS
- Beamforming Optimization and Research Allocation
- Deployment of NOMA-IRS Networks
- Machine learning for NOMA and corresponding case studies
- AI enabled massive NOMA for 6G
- Machine learning for NOMA-MEC network.
- Other Case Studies
- NOMA for Heterogeneous Mobile Networks
- A2X structure
- Massive NOMA for UAV communications
- Grant-Free NOMA for massive connectivity in IoT Networks
- Protocol design for Grant-Free NOMA
- Semi-Grant Free VS Grant-free NOMA
- Outlook and Discussion for Intelligent Massive NOMANetworks towards 6G